An in-depth comparison between ADPPA (American Data Privacy and Protection Act) and the CALIFORNIA PRIVACY LAWS*
*CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) and CPRA (California Privacy Rights Act)
|Result of comparison
||California Privacy laws CCPA/CPRA
- Prohibition concerning deceptive advertising.
- Covered entities may offer incentives to individuals in order to participate to market surveys or loyalty program. However they cannot condition or deny a service/product due to the exercise of the individual’s right of cancellation.
- Prohibition concerning deceptive advertising
- Businesses are prohibited from discriminating consumer in relation to the exercise of his/her privacy rights.
- Businesses can submit to individuals “financial incentives” as compensation for processing their personal information.